The mission statement of the Ludlow PAC is to facilitate understanding, respect and support for all children with special education needs in our community. Promoting a network of parents/guardians of children with special education needs and to provide opportunity to share information. To provide informational workshops and meetings to parents/guardians, educators, students and professionals. To educate the wider community on special education.
Stimulate meaningful dialogue between the Ludlow school system and parents. Work with the Director of Student Support Services to establish procedures related to planning, development and evaluation of the special education program. Provide outreach and support to members of the community. Establish a support network among parents. Provide training in special education and development of educational plans.
Click here to access the Special Education Rights and Responsibilities brochure.
Who belongs to the Ludlow PAC?
- Parents of children on IEPs and 504 Plans.
- Parents new to the special education process,
- Parents who suspect their child may have learning or behavioral issue,
- Those who are transitioning from “Early intervention”
- Anyone who wants to learn about local resources relating to special education
- Transition age students(14-22) and their parents
The PAC would like to invite you to join them at their monthly meetings held in the East Street School Library at 6:30 p.m. Please click here to view the complete schedule.
State of mass web site
Federation for children with special needs
Community resources for people with autism
For further information please contact Karen Mowry @583-8285 or via E-mail at Krjvs@aol.com